Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Day

“I’m not concerned with you liking or disliking me… All I ask is that you respect me as a human being.” -Jackie Robinson

This quote really stuck out to me. It is true; like I really care if you like me or not. But, if I am nice to you, you can be nice back.

Today was a boring day. I walked to school in the rain (I like the rain), and my umbrella didn’t cover my binder, so when I got into school all my work was crinkly, and wet. Some of the writing got smudged. I also stepped in a puddle and the bottom of my jeans were drenched. I spent about ten minutes drying them off next to the heater in school along with my binder. Then while goingdown the stairs, some kid behind me trips and falls into me and I fall into the person in front of me. Wasn’t fun. In reading class, my teacher announced about 20 kids are failing her class. Not me =). That was my boring day, nothing fun!!!!

So I read this book Before I Die by Jenny Downham, and I really liked it. I am into many different kinds of book genres including, young adult, fiction, fantasy, and realistic fiction. I guess I would categorize the book to be young adult, and true story (which it is). IF YOU PLAN ON READING THE BOOK STOP HERE!!!!Anyway, the book is a sad story about a girl, Tessie who has cancer, and she has only a couple months to live. The author takes you through the couple months she has left. Tessie makes a list of what she wants to do for the remainder of her life. Basically, the list is what any teen would want. She also is trying to find her true love. I don’t know why I like sad books, they are just interesting to read. I love to read about other peoples life. The book was in such detail that you could put yourself in Tessie’s shoes. This will always be one of my favorite books!

No comments:

Post a Comment